Custom Fireplace Design
Let Modern Bungalow transform your drab fireplace to a work of art! Our designers have years of experience creating unique designs to fit into historic homes, or into new homes that just need a little character.
How it works:
1. Add this product to your cart, check out, and we will reach out to you via email or phone. Or stop by our store to learn the basics and get ideas!
2. We will schedule a time to send our designer (and woodworker if you need a mantel as well) to your home to measure your fireplace and talk about your decor. Feel free to show us around, bring out photos of the fireplace you've been dreaming of, color inspiration, or just tell us if you love one of our existing designs.
3. We will use your ideas and measurements to draft 3 custom layouts that will work for your space. You tell us which you like the best, and we collaborate with you on tweaking it to make it perfect.
4. When we've nailed down a design together, we will send you a quote for all of the tile in your design and your mantel if you need one, and an invoice for a deposit on the total cost of tile and mantel, you pay 50% upon order.
5. Our tile makers will craft a batch of tiles just for your project. This process takes about 6-8 weeks. Once it's ready, you can pick it up in our store with a specific color coded diagram to direct the tile setter in how it should be laid out. Our favorite local installer is experienced and artful in working with handcrafted vintage style tile and always does an excellent job.
The fine print: if you live locally in Denver, fireplace design service includes 1 visit to your home to take measurements and discuss color, layout, inspiration and ideas (we'll bring lots of samples!). The balance of the tile cost is payable to us upon pickup of tile. The installation fee is payable directly to the tile setter.
If you live outside of the Denver metro area, we can do all of this via photos and email! After you buy this item and check out, we will send you a diagram to use to fill in all of your measurements, you send us back the measurements and lots of photos of your home and inspirations, and we'll send you back layouts. Once we nail down the perfect design, we'll have the tile shipped directly to your home and email you the installation guide.
Timeline: the length of the design process depends on the complexity of the project and the speed of your responses to our proposed designs, but is typically 2-3 weeks long. The handcrafted custom tile takes around 6-8 weeks to receive after the order is placed. Allow 10-12 weeks for the overall project.
Non-customized items are often in stock at Modern Bungalow or at the maker and can usually be delivered in 10-14 days. Shipping is complimentary (excludes furniture).
In the rare event of a mistake, defect, or damage in shipping, please contact us as soon as possible, and we will make it right. You can reach us by chat, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call the store at (303) 300-3332. If for any reason you're unhappy with your purchase within the first 30 days, ship it back to us for a replacement or refund - you'll be responsible for return shipping. Unfortunately, we can't offer refunds on custom orders.
We've carefully selected makers who create high quality products that are built to last. In the rare event that there's an issue with your order, please let us know, and we'll make it right!