Interior Designer - Denver CO
You as our Interior Designer will be part of the Customer Experience Team. Your role is broken into the following parts:
- In home design: It may be helping customers pick out furniture, matching rugs, sizing tables, all the way up to complete room design.
- Tile fireplace and backsplash design. Using design software and your imagination, you will create tile mosaic fireplaces and backsplashes. Guiding the customer on glaze choice, pattern. It's a wide range of possibilities and it will require you to be flexible and creative!
- Retail Design: You will be integral to vignette design, making sure that each item in the store is displayed at it's best. Choosing fabrics, leather, and pieces to bring into the store, and helping us delight our customers with vignettes of beauty and desire.
- Digital Design: We need mood boards for social media. Showcasing new furniture, different styles, this or that, etc. Usually one a week, or twice a month. We will require you to be innovative, engaging and interesting.
- In store Customer Hospitality: It is everyone's job to create the best possible customer experience. We don't sell, we educate. Talking with customers, answering questions, giving advice, helping anyone who walks through that door find (or design) something that will bring beauty to their home. While we charge for in-home appointments, we will always consult for free in the store.
Yes, it is retail, but it's the best possible retail: Low pressure, commission free, team driven. We are popular for our friendly, informative approach. As owners we work hard to foster a dynamic and supportive environment, where collaboration is rewarded and successes are shared.
- A genuine interest in people
- An Interior Design degree, or 5 years experience working as an Interior Designer
- A portfolio of your work
- A master communicator. Share your skills by telling stories, helping customers visualize what can be done.
- A master of design tech: Illustrator, photoshop, sketchup, autocad.
- Comfortable with modern computer work. Email, Slack, Office, Trello
About Modern Bungalow: We are a custom home goods store specializing in quality products for your historic home. 3 years ago my wife and I purchased a cozy little store, full of amazing furniture and devout customers, which we felt had to be shared with the world! We invested in marketing and good people. Now we are growing fast: planning a move to Wash Park, preparing to launch a furniture line, and planning to go nationwide.
At Modern Bungalow, we practice Customer Hospitality. We break it down: 49% Service; 51% Hospitality
Hospitality is an emotional transaction. Service is a technical transaction. And you need them both. If you treat your relationship with your customers as merely technical; We will only achieve a successful transaction. In order to create a customer for life we must do something different: We must create a Virtuous Cycle.
At Modern Bungalow our virtuous cycle starts with you:
We take care of our team;
So you will take care of each other;
So that you will take even better care of our customers;
So that our customers come back and tell their friends;
So that we’ll make more revenue;
With which we can do more for our community.
Software we use: MS office, Google Docs and Drive, Shopify / Shopify POS, Xero, Trello, Slack.
This role is full time, but we are flexible on which hours you work, but we are retail so we work weekends.
We also offer the following benefits:
- Salary between $40,000 - 55,000 annually
- 401k match
- Healthcare Reimbursement
- Paid sick days
- 8 Paid holidays
- A mandatory paid vacation
Or Email an introduction / cover letter & Resume to email@example.com.
We believe that everyone has a place where they can be their best self. At Modern Bungalow we are looking for a very specific set of skills and personality traits. However, those skills and traits are in no way based on or limited to a specific gender, race, age or orientation.